Modern living is all about bringing the indoors outdoors. Read our top tips for adding an outdoor kitchen, designing an outdoor dining area, and turning your outdoor space into another living room.
When it comes to keeping the BBQ chef hydrated, we’ve come a long way from an esky next to the BBQ. Modern homes now include outdoor kitchens with built-in BBQs, sinks, food prep areas, and fridges. If you are thinking of adding an outdoor kitchen, here are our top tips.
• Add a sink so you can keep the mess outside.
• Include a fridge to reduce the trips back inside while prepping.
• Ensure you add adequate lighting to increase the meal prep you can do outdoors, so you don’t miss any warm summer nights.
Things to keep in mind beyond adding a sink and fridge: what other appliances are you likely to use in your outdoor kitchen? How many power outlets will you need?
If you’ve spent the entire evening preparing dinner in your new outdoor kitchen, it makes little sense to turn around and eat indoors. Make your alfresco area complete with a designated dining area. Our top tips for outdoor dining areas:
- Add an outdoor heating option to allow you to use the dining area even on the mildest winter days.
- Get the most out of summer and add a ceiling fan to your outdoor dining area.
- Take advantage of lighting and hang pendant lights over your dining table, its a great way to highlight and delineate the dining area on your deck.
Outdoor Living Areas
We do more than eat and drink outdoors; there is a growing trend in contemporary home designs of using the outdoor area as a 2nd or 3rd living space. Current outdoor furniture includes a wide range of outdoor lounges with weatherproof frames, and quick-drying cushions that reflect the growing trend of Australians using their outdoor spaces as an extra living area. Want to get the most out of your deck?
- Make sure you have enough space for outdoor lounge furniture, and adequate space around the furniture so traffic can flow easily through your deck.
- Outdoor floor mats are a great way to give a cosy feel to a living area.
- Add a TV; mounting a TV in your outdoor living area can give your family even more opportunities to use the area all year-round.
At Manor, we have various options and upgrades that can enhance your outdoor living space and ensure you get the most out of your home. Talk to us today to get started.